Thursday, July 7, 2011

BAM!

Well we made it safely to Honduras! Our flight left Dallas at 5:45 this morning, lets just say the woman that checked us in wasn't the nicest person I've met in my life. After tear shed and almost having to leave some stuff behind, we made it with everything (including Lucy the dog who almost had to stay in America). Just to give you an idea of how we are feeling it pretty much seems like everyone is out to get us today. The flights went well and no one got sick so that was good! Then we had a five hour drive to the town we are actually living in. The house had no furniture yet so we are staying and probably the coolest hotel I've ever stayed at! Things were finally looking up! Then all of a sudden things took a turn for the worst. I was in my room with Emma and Tyler (The Hopkins children) and we were watching some Disney Channel (in Spanish of course) and all of a sudden the lights went out. We made our way to the lobby area and finally found Shannon and Kristi. So we grabbed my bag and all headed back to my room! Then we got ATTACKED by killer ants. They were EVERYWHERE. I probably have approximately 20 bits on my feet and legs right now. They got ALL over my bed and floor and duffel bag. At that point we were all so tired and frustrated with how things were going! As hard as I tried I couldn't hold back the tears. It was like a flood of stress and tiredness that just took tole. Tomorrow we will be going shopping so we can get beds which means we will be able to sleep in the comfort of our own home! Pretty sure we are all excited about that! As I look back on the terrible things that have have gone wrong today, I realize that it is just Satan moving in and attacking us. Making us second guess why we are here and why we didn't just stay in America. Even though today hasn't been the best, I would say I'm happy things turned out this way because I know we aren't in our comfort zone, but I also know that God will provide and things will get better! Well that's all for now. I'm headed to sleep! Thanks for your love and support. Please pray for us as we continue to dive into this journey that things will go way better than they did today!

Love always,
McKenzie Lane Brown

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!! Ants? Really? Were they in your bag? Weird. Anyway-glad y'all finally made it! I'm bummed about the beds, but hopefully they'll be ready tomorrow! Continue to let God stretch you; it will be a great adventure! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete