Sunday, July 17, 2011

If The Mattress Fits...

So yesterday we finally got the kids bunk beds to the house! We had trouble (of course) getting them through the doorway, but luckily the handyman that is building the water tower was here so he and his helpers took it apart, got it in the room, and then put it back together! Things were looking up! We put Tyler's mattress on first with no problems at all! Then we got to Emma's which was going to be on top... We had to squish it in and when we did BAM the whole bed cracked. So this means that Shannon and Kristi's bed wasn't the only one that didn't end up working. But no fear, today we went and bought Shannon and Kristi and new mattress and we got the kids a new bunk bed that will hopefully fit! Last night I finally got to talk to Momma, Daddy, and Meagy! It was very nice to talk to all of them! Especially Meagy because some of the first words out of her mouth were "lol" and "aren't you happy you got to talk to me?" I haven't heard that stuff in a while! I am happy to be serving the Father in Honduras. So far it has been fun, hard, and different from last summer, but good! The people of Honduras are eager and excited to learn about the Father which brings joy to my heart. Before I left we stayed at my Mom’s parents house and the one thing I remember the most is that my Papaw told me three or four times “make sure you tell as many people as possible about the Lord and how good he is to us!” The more I go to house churches and see the M’s work here I can see that is exactly what they are doing. They have started 43 house churches and many more are to come in the future. The M’s that have been helping us are amazing! They are older, but so nice and welcoming to us! The day after we arrived in Honduras we met the wife and she told me “The next time you come to Honduras you will stay with us, Our home is your home!” I was blown away by that! How many times have you met someone and told them right then and there that the next time they come to America they can stay with you? I thought that was amazing! The Father has truly blessed this country with the M’s that he has placed here and I can’t wait to hear what he continues to do here! In closing I would like to share my favorite verse that is a constant reminder to me of why I want to do missions.

Romans 10:14-15
“How; then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear unless someone preaches to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news!”

No comments:

Post a Comment