Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday, Sunday…

So this morning Kristi, Emma, and I went with Armondo and Aurora to the same house church we went to last Sunday! Shannon and Tyler went with their son Ariel to another one! Kristi and I helped Aurora with the children and it was SO much fun! They are all so cute! There was one little girl, she was three and she was there with her brother and sister that were probably eight or nine. I helped her during craft time… She was coloring and every time she would make a mark she would turn around and look at me and just smile as big as she possible could! Then when we were leaving church they were walking down the road and we were getting into the car and she turned around and smiled and waved for about one or two minutes until I finally got into the car… She made my day for sure☺ Then after we got back home we decided to go out to eat with Armondo and his family. There isn’t enough electricity in Honduras for the whole place to have it at the same time so that ration it… Sometimes we go days with it and sometimes we go a few days without it which stinks! But today I’m actually excited we went out to eat! We went to this hotel that is in the middle of downtown and it is VERY nice! We were going to eat there, but they were all full so we couldn’t. When we were walking out we walked past the pool and I noticed a table with some clothes and bags sitting on it and then I looked down to see about five pairs of TOMS. Of course I started to silently freak out because I knew that this summer one of the places the TOMS people were going to was Honduras. So I casually look over at the pool only to see some guys and girls about in their twenties or so. They looked like people that work at Urban Outfitters (if you’ve ever been there you know what I mean) kind of hippieish, definitely people that would wear TOMS. Well I just so happened to be wearing my red TOMS and when I looked over at the people again I saw them all looking at my shoes! I didn’t have time to talk to them, but if I were to guess, I would say they were probably TOMS interns! They definitely fit the part! So that made my day as well! I have seen some people here wearing TOMS and I just can’t help smiling when I do! The very first day when we got to Honduras we left the airport and ate at a place close by… When we walked in I noticed a girl from Honduras standing in line to order… I looked down for some reason and guess what shoes she was wearing… TOMS!! So these are just little things that have excited me very much in the short time I’ve been here! I hope ya’ll are enjoying what I have to say! Pictures should be coming pretty soon! Thanks for the love and prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment