Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Beautiful Town...

So this week there is a festival downtown in Gracias... I know I wrote about it in my last post but we went today and we are going tomorrow as well! Anyways I got some really great pictures of some pretty cool stuff! We watched some people dressed up do a traditional dance then it was time for them to pick someone out of the crowed to dance with and Shannon got picked! It was pretty much the funniest thing I've seen in a while! Don't worry I got pictures and a video! After walking around there we went around downtown and looked. The people here don't mind if you take their pictures so even though I feel like a total creeper I do it anyways! We saw some really heartbreaking things and it made me appreciate what I have that much more. Today I saw several people backpacking and that was pretty cool! It reminded me of these videos we used to watch in Spanish class when people would go backpacking to different places and sleep in strange places and eat weird things! Then one time we were walking down the road and I saw this guy wearing a New York Yankees hat and I mentioned to Kristi how I think it is funny that the guys here wear hats like that. I saw a boy at church the other night wearing an OU hat and I freaked out! Anyways right after I said that the guy turned around and started talking to us... HE SPOKE ENGLISH! Being in foreign countries and finding people that you can understand is pretty exciting! So we began to speak with him. He is studying abroad for the next two years and he is from Iowa. His family is originally from Honduras but he has never been here. He told us every day he meets someone in his family and he thinks its really cool! It was really exciting talking to him! Anyways tomorrow is the big day at the festival so we are going to check it out again! We also went to a carnival tonight and I must say it was the creepiest thing I've done in a while. I mean normally I don't go to carnivals in the states, but here just walking around was pretty scary. Kristi and I were taking pictures and I came across this cute little girl with nothing but a dirty shirt and a diaper on no shoes or anything. There were two little boys with her as well! I started to take her picture and she posed for me, then the two little boys came over and they were all pushing each other out of the way! They were by far the cutest little kids I've ever seen in my whole life. In the moment I wasn't really thinking about anything except for the fact that they were so cute and I just wanted to take them home and bathe them and give them clothes and food and a comfy place to sleep. My heart was extremely heavy for them. So in closing I would just ask that you begin to pray for those little children. I'm not sure what their names are, but that doesn't matter. Pray that they are safe and taken care of. I know that the Father is going to protect them and that makes me feel better about it. In my short time out today I saw a lot of hurting little children and I just want to ask you to join in doing something as simple as saying a little prayer. Thank you very much! I hope ya'll are all doing well!

Love Always,
McKenzie Lane Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment